Knights of Our Lady - Events
MSM Open Day in London
The Preceptor of the Knights of Our Lady in England cordially invites you to our 9th Annual Michaelmas Open Day on Saturday, 29th September, the Feast of St Michael Archangel, Grand Master of the Militia Sanctae Mariae, which includes a Chapter and a Talk by Donal Foley. The meeting will take place at the Brompton Oratory from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, in St Michael’s (scout) Hall, beyond the garden, and all are invited.
The Chapter will be from 1 o’clock to 2: 45. The talk will be from 3 o’clock, with time for questions.
In the Year of Faith, we wish to enhance the role of Our Blessed Lady in the work of salvation, and have asked our member Donal Foley, secretary of the World Apostolate of Fatima in England and Wales. and a Catholic author who has written books on Marian apparitions, to speak on the development of Marian spirituality in the last century, in the light of apparitions of Our Blessed Lady, specially at Fatima. The Talk will be entitled:
FROM HEAVEN TO EARTH: MARIAN MOVEMENTS IN THE XXTH CENTURY
There will be a collection for the work of W.A.F.
The Oratory House is next to the Victoria and Albert Museum, a short walk from South Kensington Underground Station.
Further information: Stephen de la Bédoyère:
INTERNATIONAL FAMILIARIS CONSORTIO INSTITUTE
The mission of which is to promote and defend the values of human Life and the Family, invites you to its next international Congress which will take place in PARIS from Friday 12th till Sunday, 14th October, 2012, on the theme: ‘The Family at the source and heart of Evangelisation’
The Language of the Congress is French.
1. Our first day on Friday will be a chance for our international delegations - including the British and American - to meet Mgr. Carlos SIMON VAZQUEZ, sub-secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Family, and other ecclesiastical dignitaries to explain their activity since the seminar at Braga in 2010.
2. On Saturday there will be three round tables about the congress theme. Apart from the public - who are most welcome - these will gather together people from the Church and from other walks of life involved in these questions:
1. Family, gift of God and universal Beacon
2. Family welcoming the Word of Life
3. Family shining with the Gospel of Life and Hope for all
This day will conclude with a Family Liturgical Celebration, during which the Blessing of Mothers-to-be will be given.
3. Sunday: this final day will focus on the Blessing and Sending of all who have attended the Congress on their great Mission to promote the values of Family Life
The International Familiaris Consortio Institute is an apostolate of the Knights of Our Lady.
The British preceptory of the Knights made a pilgrimage to Aylesford Priory on Monday 16th July to pray for the success of the Congress.
For all enquiries about the above please contact Stephen de la Bedoyere on: